Week 7: Making Connections

Making connections, building a network, and getting recognized...


      Making connections with public figures, organizations, municipalities, and other social resources is an integral component of executing a successful social media marketing campaign. When choosing other entities to connect with on social media for commercial purposes, it is important to keep in mind a few key ideas. You have to ask yourself "Does this entity encompass our company values?" "Do they align with our brand image?" "How can our entities be of use to one another?" "What potentially negative outcomes could arise from this connection?" "Is it better to interact with this entity privately or publicly?". These questions are relevant to any marketer whether the platform be Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or any other publicly viewed form of social media. Making these decisions about other public entities is an important one, so if you're having trouble deciding whether to connect or not, check out their demographic data with software such as Sotrener

     After making judgements about what types of connections would be useful to my company, I came to the conclusion there were three types of connections I wanted to make. I wanted to make connections that could lead to additional notoriety, could build a relationship with another company in the industry, or was another brand that supported my company's brand image. Keeping these objectives in mind, I chose to have Silicon Skate publicly like Unbox Therapy, Casey Neistat, Fabian Doerig, Shonduras, Linus Tech, The Fully Charged Show, CleanTechnica, Elektrek and Jehu Garcia as my notoriety building connections. I chose to publicly like Ebay, Amazon, Best Buy, and Newegg as companies I would like to do business with. And I publicly liked EV West, Solar San Diego, San Diego Solar Solutions, Electric.Skateboard.Builders, and Luna Cycle as companies that supported my brand image. While some of these companies may serve more than one purpose, I have classified them here as to their intended primary role to my organization. 



Comments