Week 9: Twitter, The Unlikely Ally


The Unlikely Ally



       In all honesty, Twitter has never been my social media platform of choice for numerous reasons. It doesn't allow for a large amount of content to be shared at once, analytics tools are more scarce than with other SM platforms, it has an affinity for highly controversial political commentary, I felt it had a less professional stigma to it, and I simply never enjoyed using the platform for personal purposes. This all changed the day I built a profile for my currently fictitious company, Silicon Skate. After utilizing Twitter's semi-hidden advanced search tool, finding and following some powerful influencers and potential industry partners that could be utilized to increase outreach as well as boost production capabilities, learning about retweet functionality, utilizing the list feature, and experiencing the faster pace of Twitter promotions, I have been converted to a Twitter fanatic.

      Instead of conducting a generic search, I used the advanced search tool to find a combination of specific individuals or entities, as well as ones I had no previous knowledge of. These connections could be utilized to; promote my products, improve my outreach, give my brand validity, generate interest, improve component and manufacturing quality, improve product ROI, and collaborate with around the engineering and design of my products. Some of the influencers(list #1) I follow include Connor Lunn, USC Baseball(I'm well connected with the team and aware of their powerful influence over the school, as well as the school's influence on millennial trends), Unbox Therapy, Casey Neistat, Elektric Skateboards, Green Home Tips, Caelus Green Room, and TechGearLab. Some of the industry partners(list #2) I follow include Jehu Garcia, EV West, Luna Cycle, Kickstarter, Jason Potter(CEO: Enertion Boards), Advanced Batteries & Energy Storage Research, Solid State Lithium-ion Battery, MonsterFunder, and Fundraising Exposure.








Comments